The Lord of the Rings: Tales of Middle-Earth is Magic: The Gathering’s brand new addition to the
trading card game’s ever-expanding universe. With its release date set for June 2023, Tales of
Middle-Earth has both LOTR and MTG fans eagerly awaiting this compelling new crossover.
Tales of Middle-Earth aims to keep many gameplay mechanics that MTG fans know and love while
adding exciting new Lord of the Rings-themed content. Players can take the roles of beloved LOTR
characters and visit their favorite locations from the series.
Whether you’re a long-time Magic: The Gathering fan or entirely new to trading card games,
you’re sure to fall in love with the gorgeous artwork and captivating gameplay.
What should you know about Tales of Middle Earth before you set sail on your journey to find the
Which Lord of the Rings: Tales of Middle-Earth Card Pack
Should You Buy?
Magic: The Gathering offers fans various Tales of Middle-Earth card packs, each suited to
different players. The main Tales of Middle-Earth card packs are:
- • The Lord of the Rings: Tales of Middle-Earth Starter Kit — Perfect for those just
- starting out in the magical world of MTG. The starter pack comes with two 60-card decks
- and 10 new-to-Magic cards with stunning LOTR artwork.
- • The Lord of the Rings: Tales of Middle-Earth Bundle — Designed to be a great gift, this
- bundle comes with a gorgeous storage box and 40 basic land cards, with 20 being foil.
- Another big difference in this pack is that it comes with borderless scene cards exclusive to
- this set.
- • The Lord of the Rings: Tales of Middle-Earth Collector Booster Box — The Collector
- Booster Display is only for die-hard fans and collectors, coming in at a whopping $400. This
- box comes with 12 Collector boosters and a foil box topper card. Each booster comes with
- 15 MTG cards. You’re guaranteed to get at least five to seven rare cards, three to five
- uncommon cards, three to six common cards, and one Land card. You’ll be treating yourself
- to eight to ten traditional foil cards. The main appeal behind the collector booster box,
- though, is the highly sought-after 1 of 1 ring card. Yes, there’s only one! With less than a
- 0.003 percent chance of getting the only one, will you try your luck?
Although not out yet, you can pre-order these card packs now!
How Do You Play The Lord of the Rings: Tales of Middle-Earth?
With the game still in its pre-release state, we sadly don’t know everything about its gameplay.
However, Tales of Middle-Earth will likely mix classic MTG elements with intriguing new LOTR
The main difference between Tales of Middle-Earth and regular MTG is the ring’s temptation
feature. When you’re first tempted by the ring, you’ll get an emblem called The Ring. You also
choose a creature called the ring-bearer to control. This creature will be your ring-bearer for the rest
of the game unless you choose a new one, someone else takes control of it, or it leaves the
battlefield. Every time the ring tempts you, you gain a new ability until you have all four.
You’ll also be able to play as your favorite LOTR characters and visit iconic locations like Mount
Doom and Shire.
Like the original MTG, you can play this game in three ways: Limited, Constructed, and
Commander. While the first two offer quick and snappy gameplay, Commander can last around two
hours and requires 100 cards.
Overall, The Lord of the Rings: Tales of Middle-Earth is a fantastic game that is sure to appeal to
fans of the books and those who are looking for a new and exciting gaming experience. With its
immersive world, engaging gameplay, and beautiful artwork, it is a must-have for anyone who loves
the world of Middle-Earth. So why not gather your friends, grab your Magic: The Gathering cards,
and embark on an epic journey through the lands of Middle-Earth?
So, what are you waiting for? Are you ready to embark on your journey through the LOTR world,
For more information on The Lord of the Rings: Tales of Middle-earth, visit Magic: The Gathering’s
About Magic: The Gathering
Magic: The Gathering is the world’s most popular trading card game and digital collectible card
game, with over 20 million players worldwide. The game was created by a mathematics professor
Richard Garfield and first published by Wizards of the Coast in 1993. Magic: The Gathering has
since become a cultural phenomenon, with a thriving competitive scene and a passionate fan base.